Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Meatloaf

So many recipes...so little time. Why do weekends only have two days? Who decided that anyway?? Wanna talk to that person...

Anyway, let's get started. What was on the menu last weekend? A Pork Shoulder for Pulled Pork, a meatloaf, some chicken. That was all I could manage in 2 days. The Pork will make a nice appearance later this week, and so will the chicken.
That leaves us with the meatloaf for this post. I've never made it before, so I was very curious how that would turn out. Meatloaf is not so well known here in The Netherlands, yes we do know meatballs but that's something different. Totally different!

I found a yummylicious looking recipe on the website of Noskos and because I know his recipes always work out great, I choose this one. Of course I changed the ingredients a little bit, can't resist that!

What do you need:
3 lbs minced meat (beef and pork)
2 eggs
1/3 cup Big Butz Cranberry BBQ Sauce (or another bbq sauce)
some milk (about half a 1/4 cup)
bread crumbs (I used Panko)
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
dried parsley
1 tablespoon Tabasco
black pepper

Mix all the ingredients together and spoon the meatloaf mixture on a foil sheet, like this:


Prepare your barbecue, and soak some wood chunks, I used plum wood chunks . Only 3 chunks and that turned out to be enough.
When the Weber had reached 350F I placed the meatloaf on the grill (indirect). After half an hour, incise the loaf (see picture) and brush it with barbecue sauce (again I used the Cranberry Sauce).


After this I also placed the baked beans (it's a recipe called Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans and I found it here (it's the dutch version) on the Weber:


One hour later the meatloaf was ready:


Dinner is ready!! Of course this was waaay to much meatloaf for one dinner, so some went in the freezer for the next time and some I left in the fridge to eat for lunch (or breakfast...). As I said before, I served it with the baked beans (oh and btw these beans taste so good, unbelievable and definitely a keeper) and mashed potatoes with celeriac (cook them together and proceed as if you make regularly mashed potatoes. The celeriac gives it a yummy sweet taste):




Let me tell you something, this was GOOD!!

And now the question is, what do you drink with it...wine of course! A Malbec from Argentina matched perfect!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment