Friday, July 30, 2010

Blueberry Muffins

Don't you like blueberries?? Well I do, and it's the season (here in my little country) so you got to enjoy them while it lasts! I've read that these treats of nature are very healthy and are also called "superfood": a food that can increase the body's natural ability to heal! So that's very good news, and therefore I'm giving you this recipe. Ah, who am I kidding, it's just a good excuse to have another muffin!!

It's a recipe coming from my baking "bible" Baking From My Home To Yours written by Dorie Greenspan. Oh I've made so many recipes from that book and it's super, really! Muffins, cookies, pies and more tempting recipes you can ever imagine! Buy it!

what are the ingredients:
grated zest and juice of 1 orange
buttermilk
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons honey
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour (sometimes I take 1 cup flour and 1 cup corn flour! yummy...)
2,5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
and yes, here they are:
1 cup blueberries

Preheat the oven to 400F.
Pour the orange juice in a measuring bowl and pour in enough buttermilk to make 1 cup. Wisk in the eggs, honey and melted butter.

Take a large bowl and rub the sugar an orange zest together, with your fingertips.

Whisk in flour, baking power, baking soda and salt. Add the orange juice and buttermilk and whisk gently but quickly, just to blend. Add the blueberries and stir a few times.


Divide the lumpy batter among the muffin pans or molds.

Bake them for about 20-25 minutes, these took me 22 minutes, the last time 25 minutes. Keep checking!
Let them cool for 5 minutes and remove them from the pans of molds.
As you can see, they didn't rise very much this time, but they we're still fabulous!


Want one?? You better hurry then!! Or make them yourself, there's no excuse why you shouldn't! Doctor's order!


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I can't wait to make these yummy treats! I love blueberries :)

    ReplyDelete